Alison Greene pens a wonderful blog entitled, Ask a Manager. In one of her latest offerings, she details 8 Signs You Should Look for a New Job. In short:
1. Your company or division is struggling financially.
2. You notice that you’re getting a lot more feedback in writing.
3. You’ve been miserable, angry, or bitter for months.
4. It feels like your boss is always hassling you about something.
5. Your aspirations for your job don’t match up with the reality.
6. You imply that you’re looking at other jobs and your boss doesn’t seem to care.
7. Your boss shows no interest in your problems.
8. Your boss tells you.
I also believe when your boss stops inviting you to meetings you were previously invited to and if your boss begins to delegate projects/accounts typically given to you. This can be explained away or it can be the beginning of a transition process.
When I spoke with a colleague this weekend on these 8 signs, he mentioned if you are the #2 office, another warning sign is your boss tells you he/she is leaving. It is not unusual that a new boss will bring in his/her own leadership when taking control.
What are some other warning signs?